LFB's immunology research grant scheme aims to support the work of healthcare professionals under the age of 45 in the fields of immunodeficiency and immune-mediated neuropathy.
Proposals are sought for research that aims to improve the management and/or quality of life of patients treated with intravenous immunoglobulin (within licensed indications).
- The second LFB Immunology research grant awards are planned for 2022.
ONE PROJECT IN IMMUNODEFICIENCIES FIELD
ONE PROJECT IN IMMUNE-MEDIATED NEUROPATHIES FIELD
- The amount of each award is €15000. No product or placebo are part of the award and cannot be requested as a replacement for the award.
Health Care Professionals, less than 45 years old, non-Professor, from predefined countries can apply with a project that fulfills the aim of the programme (No age restriction for nurses).
- Project Scope:
- Increase the awareness of Immunodeficiencies or Immune-mediated neuropathies in terms of diagnosis or patient management.
- Aims to improve overall quality of life of patients
- In patients treated with Intravenous Immunoglobulins
- Within the licensed indications
- United Kingdon
How to apply
The submission file (In English) includes:
- Identity of the participant: Please fill the Curriculum Vitae document (2 pages maximum)
- Short description of the team
- A referencing letter from the Head of service as supporter of the project
- Publications list of the candidate/team in relation the research
- The candidate must indicate any conflict of interest, with one of the members of the Review Committee.
- Description of the project: (5 pages maximum)
- Rationale of the research and how it answer to the chosen unmet need
- Objective of the research and expected results
- Nature of the work and relevance of methodology
- Timelines and budget, feasibility, and difficulties to foresee: the project must not exceed 18 months (beginning from the acceptation of the project by the review committee). Applicant must declare any foreseen difficulties
Projects fulfilling the eligibility criteria will be reviewed by the Grant Jury. An LFB Medical Staff member will be part of the jury as an observer and will not be involved in any decision making.
Composition of The jury
For Immunodeficiency projects
For Immune-mediated neuropathy projects
- The selection of award winners will be made by the review committee
- Each application will be scored based on:
- Originality of the project and importante within the chosen unmet need: 0 to 15 points
- Relevance of the methodology: 0 to 15 points
- Feasibility of the project within the timeline: 0 to 15 points
- Clinical/Medical impact: Validity of the expected results to contribute to increase disease awareness and or improve patient care: 0 to 15 points
- Experience of the team who are involved in the research: 0 to 10 points
The prices will be awarded at a scientific congress or meeting, for which sponsorship will also be provited by LFB
Details will be notified to the winners.
- Opening date for applications:
- 01 September 2021
- Application deadline:
- Immune-mediated neuropathies projects : 31 May 2022
- Immunodeficiency projects: 31 May 2022
- To apply:
- Download and send all the requested documents (see below) to :
- Feedback will be provided to applicants by : 30 June 2022
- For further information, please contact:
If the selected project includes any LFB IVIg brand, the applicant will be obliged to follow LFB pharmacovigilance procedures.
A pharmacovigilance notice will be provided to the applicant to inform them of the applicable pharmacovigilance procedures.